Tuesday, July 31, 2012

         Today was somewhat formless. At the "early" hour of 8:45 I was forced to wake up. I ate breakfast and taped my feet. With Oscar and my dad, we walked over to the rock climbing place where my brother often climbs. After signing some papers and setting up the mats, we were ready to start climbing. Our trainer Alejandro made up this game where every time it was your turn to climb the route you would add on two different hand holds that everyone would have to do. So after you climbed the route of rock hand holds that everyone else had made up you would add on two more. It got kind of hard some times. After every turn my hands would be killing me. They were red and starting to get callused. Maybe I am doing something wrong because I hardly have any soreness in my arms!
          We came home and watched some more olympics in which two Mexican women won the silver medal in synchronized diving. The rest of the day it was hard to find anything else besides replays of the event. I made some earrings and read during breaks. At one point I flipped through the channels of Spanish-speaking channels and english channels with subtitles, to see if any channels had randomly decided to play some Olympics. As I was doing that I ran across some sort of reality show with Kim and Kourtney Kardashian. As I watched, something controversial happened and Kim said in an "interview" "Scott is acting like SO immature, he needs to like grow up". I was thinking "Uh YOU need to like grow up".
          Before my dad left for his adult soccer game, I started to make Pesto. It is my favorite meal ever!!! First, because we bought the basil from the market, we had to pick out the bad basil and clean all of it. That took a lot longer than I expected because the leaves are a lot smaller here. I make my pesto with basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese, walnuts (instead of pine nuts), salt and garlic. My mom and I don't use measuring cups and such because we make it by taste. I couldn't tell you the measurements even if I wanted to!
        My mom went for another run with my dad after he returned from his soccer game and we played bluff before bed.
Good Night!

8 comments:

  1. I've been waking up early to run and I agree- getting up early (and 8:45 is summer early) can really suck! even though I get up willingly to run- 6:30 is still a shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of stumble out of bed but I am normally the first to be up!

      Delete
  2. hey Mina! no actually you're not doing anything wrong, you actually shouldn't have soreness in your arms because you are supposed to use mostly arm strength. I agree, one Mrs. Kim Kardasian does need to "like grow up".
    did you see the gymnastics or the rest of the diving? during the men's synchronised diving,(no offense)the UK was really sucking. poor Russia got there butts kicked during gymnastics. USA won gold, and those girls were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Alexandre something from the USA team!! She was last and she danced to a jewish song. I thought she did SO amazing! I have seen more synchronized swimming in the last couple days then I thought I would ever see!! I love watching womens gymnastics! it is really beautiful to watch!

      Delete
  3. ahh! sorry I meant you're supposed to use mostly leg strength! ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wilhelmina,
    We have been in Oregon. I will send you some pictures via my mom's email of our tide pool exploring. I've enjoyed reading your blog. Love, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see them!! Thank you!!
      Love Wilhelmina

      Delete