Saturday, July 14, 2012

     Even though today wasn't as interesting as some of my other days here, I still learned a lot and my parents splurged on groceries.
     We woke up and again our water heater wasn't working; that forced us to call a repair man. He said that he wouldn't be able to come until 1:00 P.M so we ate breakfast instead of taking a shower. Later that morning it turned out the water heater WAS working so we had the repair man come on Monday.
     We took showers and decided to go grocery shopping at a mall called Chedraui. Hangers, water pumps, brooms and a giant grapefruit later, we spent nearly 3,000 pesos on groceries! (There are 12 pesos to a dollar.) After we got McDonald's hot Fudge sundaes (there were no other options) we tried to find a field to play sports at.
      We kicked a Soccer ball around while my parents found a league for Oscar and I to play soccer at during the week in the Summer. It is for 8-12 year olds  (apparently girls and boys) from 8A.M to 12 P.M. I am excited that we found a league but I am a little nervous that I won't be able to keep up (this is Mexico.)
      Tonight we plan to play the game " Ticket to Ride: Europe". Have a good night everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Hi SkyGirl Wilhelmina, Your observations are so interesting and your writing a pleasure as i read every sentence. Question: what did you buy the hangers for if your room is the only one with a closet? Having grown up in SA, I am imagining the closetless people to have broomsticks (you did buy some..) on stilts for the other rooms to hang clothes, with a curtain suspended from a piece of wire as a door. I'm not kidding--that's what it was like until I was about your age on my Kalahari grandparents' farm. And curtains suspended from wire strings were also the walls between rooms in a house which was really a barn. Okay--putting my overactive imagination aside, I can picture your house very well from your excellent description. How wonderful that you have the trees and vegetables outside. The tobacco plants also triggers memories for me, since i grew up on a tobacco farm--if you stroke your hand over a leave it gets sort of sticky and bitter smelling...Your Integral Development with Total Excellence school sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear more--and find out the difference in meaning of the two uniforms for different days. Love you lots and lots, Tansie Gerda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had clothes that needed to be hung up and I forgot to bring hangers so that forced us to buy some. Wow South Africa when you were growing up sounded like a totally different world.

      Delete
  2. That is great you found a soccer league! also you should stop doubting your soccer abilities because you an amazing player and I have no doubt you WILL be able to keep up.
    I am so happy for you! (but sad for me because you're not in Utah)
    I am kind of amazed they have McDonalds there. that just doesnt seem right. that is a very tragic event when McDonald's is your only option when in Mexico.

    anyway- I'm very grateful you set up a blog. it is very helpful and the name cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! It starts tomorrow!! At 8 in the morning:( Just like old times!! By the way do you know who got into the comp team from when the coach came to watch us?

      Well there was one other better option but there was no one there!!! Everything was running But no one was there!!!! We were disappointed!
      Thanks for checking it!! I am glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. soccer is my favorite sport!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog--thank you so much for putting it together! I'm reading from bottom to top, so reading on. I hope the soccer league goes well!

    ReplyDelete