Monday, July 30, 2012

        Today was cat central. Of course we woke up and watched the Olympics and had a breakfast which included most of the food groups except fruit!! We realized soon after that we had to quickly get ready for the final (or so we thought) memorial event for Jesus. We arrived at their house and we all proceeded to walk to the church that they got to for mass. Doña Lesvia's daughter had hurt her back and had trouble getting up and down things. The family band sang and the priest talked for a little while. Most everyone was crying and even I had tears in my eyes. It was just really sad. After mass we walked back to Doña Lesvia's house for some delicious food. We ate and upon saying good bye to everyone found out that there was a final ceremony at 7 o'clock tonight. We were all a little disappointed by the news because even though we wanted to be there for the family we had (selfishly) hoped that we would be able to have a quiet night at home. We walked home and my parents had their Spanish lessons while I caught up on my blog entries for the past few days.
      We later decided to make up an excuse about why we couldn't go to Doña Lesvia's tonight because my mom seemed really stressed with all the work she had been doing. My dad and I went out to go get some wine as a treat and ended up coming back with pastries, vegetables, chocolate, hot sauce and a sticker. We kept finding things that we wanted to get. We came back and watched some more Olympics and ate the brownie wood like biscottis with milk.
     Lately we have had the cats use a litter box, because of that we smell everything that goes on in there. I mean EVERYTHING! (My mom had to talk to Oscar about not spraying the cat's butt with Febreze no matter how bad it smells!) So when something started to stink REALLY bad we figured out it was Cowjie and after consulting our veterinarian, we got him some medicine and have had to administer Cowjie liquid medicine through a syringe. He is a big baby and he is really strong. My dad has to hold him between his legs and open his mouth and squirt the medicine into his resisting mouth. He sometimes foams a little out of his mouth and occasionally attempts to swat the air.
Good Night!!

4 comments:

  1. So was Cowjie an outside cat before? It sounds like you're all getting to be good vet assistants! Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was in Salt Lake he can go outside now just not like he used to! We are getting to be pretty good at this stuff between this and Goldie getting attacked by dogs a couple years ago!

      Delete
  2. Mina-What a wonderful rendering of your experiences!! We received your initial invitation and read your first post and both Josie and I thought we commented, but I don't seem to see them anywhere. I am now all up to date on your posts and look forward to keeping up on a regular basis. I do so enjoy keeping connected this way...and have to say I am a bit envious :) We miss you guys a bunch and can't wait to visit!!! Cheers, Tammi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you guys will visit!! I like posting on this blog it is good for me to write!!

      Delete