Thursday, July 19, 2012

 Yesterday was really fun. I was paired up with a person (during soccer camp) that I thought was really a good match for me. We did drills in weather that wasn't as hot as the day before. When we scrimmaged and I missed the goal by a couple inches, none of the boys on my team got mad at me. I feel that boys here tend to be less of ball hogs and not as full of themselves. Everyone is really nice even though it was my second day. The best player that I chose to be on my team passed to everyone else more than he shot on goal himself. One kid asked me if we were coming back tomorrow.

We visited the house of a friend who's mother-in-law was sick (and probably about to pass away) so we came to pay our respects and give them some support. We talked for a while and left later than we had anticipated.

5 comments:

  1. who was the person you teamed up with? Fernando? ricardo? (even though you haven't mentioned anyone named Ricardo- I think that is a splendiferous name and I think we could all have our lives vastly improved by meeting someone named Ricardo)
    but regardless who it is- I'm so happy you're having a good time in soccer camp! that's a great way to meet some friends before school starts! (speaking of which are any of the people on the team going to DICET?)
    :)
    emery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His name is Mario. I like your thought about people named ricardo. By the way I have not had such luck as to meet someone with that splendiferous name:(!! I don't know if any of them go to DICET but maybe i will find out!

      Delete
  2. that's really sad about your friends mother in law- you guys are really nice to give moral support

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mario! right away that makes me think of Nintendo! in this situation would you be luigi, toad or peach? I'm guessing luigi- since it sounds like a soccer partnership.
    that is sad about Ricardo- I haven't met anybody by that name either, unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is a luigi pizza place somewhere in San Cristobal. Anybody BUT peach!! She is the typical girly girl! By the way did you draw that mushroom?

      Delete