Monday, July 30, 2012

        No matter how much I had eaten an hour earlier I ate a LOT !! On Saturday we got up and sat around watching the Olympics. We had a really nice breakfast of pancakes, bacon and the works! We had a nice morning with the exception of Oscar hitting his elbow on the coffee table after I tried to grab the blanket from him to tickle him. Well it was nice until we had to clean the house. Oscar and I were given the task of sweeping the driveway which is a lot harder to do than you might expect. Well it takes LONGER than you would expect I suppose.
          At seven o'clock we got ready to walk to Doña Lesvia's for another day of memorial service. We accidentally came an hour earlier than they decided to start that day so we sat around and played rock/paper/scissors for a while. My dad tried to teach us to additional things for rock/paper/scissor which are grandma and dynamite. Grandma blows out dynamite and crumples paper, rocks and scissors beat grandma, and scissors cut the wick of dynamite. (Nana and JoJo: this has nothing to do with you guys I did not make this up!!) At Doña Lesvia's, the family band sang, said the Rosary, sang some more and gave us food (which seems to help Doña Lesvia take her mind off Jesus, her son). The food was very good and we went home well fed.
        Even being well fed we ordered pizza and played Settlers of Catan over dinner. We then moved over to the couch and coffee table and ate caramel popcorn while watching some more Olympics!

Sorry for my tardiness in writing about Saturday and Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Willa,

    I accidentally caught up on all your news by reading backwards, which means that in your second post your toe nail was back in place...thanks for catching us up on what you've been doing. All that exercise is tiring me out. Piff and I have been continuing and expanding his PT. He now swims laps with me, although I have to really swim fast to keep him from catching up with me. It used to be that I would have to redirect him when we got to the edge of the pool or he would try to climb out. He's already figured out that we will just turn around and head the other way, so he starts to turn on his own before I reach the edge. That means that I have to push off fast or he will catch me...which is to say he tries to climb onto my head, which makes me a bit concerned about my eyes (and complexion...his nails are sharp). He is so smart that he no longer tries to swim directly behind me because he knows I will kick water in his face. After Smallie is done with his laps I swim 20 more and he stays on his towel crying and whining and barking out of worry for me (in the water without him). I guess he thinks I'll drown without a dog on my head.
    Other than that I'm working on a new paper, but this one is about photographs of the Holocaust. I can submit the paper in video form so I'll send it to you when I get it done (too cool, eh?). I hope Cowjie feels better. (I'm posting this at the end of your new posts because I swam backward through your days...be careful when you go climbing, you're hands are gonna hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing about yours and Smallies adventures swimming!! He is a very funny dog!! I would be very interested to look at your video so send it on over when you have finished!!

      Delete