Friday, July 13, 2012

 We arrived to our new house yesterday around 3:00 pm. When we got there our land lady Beatriz Aurora and her daughter showed us around.
       Our house has two floors, a kitchen, two bathrooms and one emergency one, 2 bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs, a living room and dining room. 
       I have the bedroom on the bottom floor. It has lots of windows with no curtains, a bed with reversible comforter, a blue desk and chair, a thing with lots of shelves to put things on which currently has a Ravenclaw scarf and tie, the only closet in the house and two recently put up Hunger games posters. 
       Our floor is tile with a few truly hideous rugs! (they are animal print). In the bathrooms there are hand painted tiles adorning the walls. Outside we have a driveway blocked by big opening doors which also hold a smaller door. 
        Today we checked out our school today called DICET. It is different from most schools for these reasons: The teachers call themselves facilitators, we have a swimming pool, they have chickens, turkeys, bunnies and horses, we are supposed to wear a certain uniform on Mondays and a different one for two other days of the week and the other two days are wear-whatever-you-want days, we eat breakfast at school, their snack is fruit and there is no junk food or soda allowed at school! It sounds really cool so I am excited to go! We start on the 20th of August and end in July. 

        In our back yard we have a bit of grass with many fruit and vegetable trees! We have these kinds of trees: avocado, lemon, pear, apple and tobacco (we don't smoke so that one is useless). Plant-wise we have celery, pepper, beets and raspberry. 
        This is my first post and I will update it often so keep checking if you are interested!

Wilhelmina والحلمين विल्हेल्मिना Βιληελμινα ویھلمنا Вильхелмина (my name in random languages)

14 comments:

  1. This is how I know I'm too old for school--I'd forget which day I could wear what and get sent home! Actually, I wish they had uniforms at work. I would absolutely love to be free of that decision in the morning. Thanks so much for doing this blog! You're a wonderful writer and I love hearing every little detail of this amazing adventure. I love you Wilhelmina, and give Oscar hugs from me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is excited about our uniforms because I have to wear a skirt and sweater which she thinks will be adorable!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Wilhelmina. Thanks for sending your blog. We enjoyed hearing about your new house and the fruit trees in your yard. It's hot hot hot in Salt Lake City, and we miss you! Adios, Lucy (and family).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it is the rainy season so it is kind of cold! In northern Mexico it once got to 110 degrees Fahrenheit!! That was was extreme!!! We miss you guys too!

      Delete
  3. that sounds great! I am so happy for you guys! i can totally picture your house and yard. DICET sounds pretty cool- why dont schools in the USA have turkeys and facilitators? I am sure that would raise test scores because no one I know would not be benefited from having farm animals at school. I am so excited for you guys!!

    hope you're eating lots of burritos :)
    emery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also wondering - what does DICET stand for????

      Delete
  4. Desarrollo Integral Con Excelencia Total! Long right!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emery you are funny! Say hi to Quinn for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ravenclaw? I was sure you were in Gryffindor! Just so long as it's not Slytherin...

    So glad you're writing a blog about your experiences. Keep writing, and share some pictures when you can! We love you lots.

    --Uncle Keir and Aunt Marya, and Cousins Felix and Cosmo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Ravenclaw!!! Oscar is a Slytherin and he likes it!! I love you guys a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So DICET means something about integrity and complete excellence right? that would make sense I guess. but if it was up to me it would mean something totally different like....

    I don't know. I will get back to you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay- these are what I have decided would be the best acronym meaning for DICET

    Divide
    Invade
    Conquer
    Endanger
    Triumph

    (this would only be used in the case that DICET was in ancient Sparta or in one of the rich districts in Panem training for the Hunger Games)

    Another idea
    dream
    invent
    create
    empower
    think

    this should be used in the case that DICET was an art school, architecture or philosophy school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the more hippy one (for obvious reasons)! Yeah I can definitely see the first one in a district 1 school for Capital children! Think about all the messed up children who would graduate from there!!!

      Delete
  10. I like the first one muuuuuuuuch better more destruction BUT also you need some PEACE (once you conquer of course) soooooo i see how people like peace.

    ReplyDelete