Friday, July 27, 2012

Today is all about sports (well mostly). Profe had promised us that we could scrimmage the whole time so after doing only a couple drills, we got on teams. It was a hard game and the time we were closest to winning was when Oscar scored the second goal (which was really awesome) making us tied. Even though we didn't win I felt like I played well. We decided to play on Profe's league so we would have practice four days a week our less if we choose. We would have games on Saturdays so it would be kind of like soccer in the US. I am excited and I feel that I will get a lot better!! Here is a picture of Oscar and I playing:
In the all red with the goalie gloves is Martine, Oscar is grimacing, Mario in the red shorts and white shirt, Victor the goalie on the ground, Toño in the green and black jersey and me in the back, prematurely cheering! It did go in by the way.
This is me trying to dribble around a boy named Jose.
    It started to dump as we were driving home and we all huddled indoors. We watched some funny animal videos and then read and hung out for a while. We then watched the opening ceremony for the London Olympics. I thought it was really cool! If I could watch three sports events I would watch the Olympics, the World Cup (men and women) and either the French Open or Wimbledon. I loved the way that they lit the torch this year. As all the countries walked in I tried to pronounce the names (most of them probably pretty poorly) and I cheered for England and all the countries I love and made comments about the countries such as: That's were Eddie's dad is from etc. I am listening to Adele and getting ready to eat dinner!
Good Night!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! We watched some of the opening ceremonies--amazing stuff. I can't imagine how they direct it all, much less think it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on the last week or so of your adventures. You write so wonderfully, Yur, that I really feel the spirit of your new home. The soccer is fascinating and your descriptions give lots of insights into the culture--I love it that people are just taking to you and are being friendly and supportive. We watched the Olympics opening ceremonies too. I just loved it. It reminds me of the sort of slapstick theatre that English schools and universities put on--and I loved the sense of so many people participating and the put-together-on-the-spot feel that they created rather than an overrehearsed performance based on perfection rather than fun (not that these two can't go together, but often they don't, I think...) Just love your news and hearing how well you are settling in. I think the soccer will be a very helpful experience for when you start school and will get to know a whole new community who will become friends. Can't wait to hear your reporting on that too! Love love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! cool graffiti in background too! great soccer description

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! My dad took the photos as we were playing!! Once when I tried to get a goal I missed and hit my dad by accident!!

      Delete