Tuesday, July 24, 2012

      It is the simple things that make life wonderful. Soccer camp had significantly fewer people yesterday, at least six that I can count. I was having the hardest time to lift the ball off the ground when I kick, (or as they say in Mexico volar or fly). I just couldn't figure out how to put all the tips that Profe had told me together. He told me to separate my support foot from the ball, kick lower down on the ball, lift my core up and follow through by lifting my leg up after I kick. After camp Oscar and I stayed for a while to wait until my dad came from the track near by. We kicked at the fence for practice. When my dad came  he tried to help me but said practically the exact opposite things than my coach. They talked it over and my dad just told me to do what ever my coach suggested. Just before we left I finally got the hang of it. I was very happy and I just want to keep working so that I can get better.
       It seems as though our life revolves around Chedraui. Because after camp we went..... Guess Where!!! You got it! CHEDRAUI!!!! Happy happy joy joy! We got another boring eight-hundred pesos worth of groceries. Oh well, we got popcorn after.
     As we were driving home it started to rain a lot. I opened up  the door for the van and slipped into my flip flops. This is when I relate the quote to my day. I grabbed a broom as it was still raining and proceeded to sweep the water off my driveway and into the street. For some reason I find great joy in sweeping water. I guess that is one quirky part of me!
    We played Hearts after lunch and then my dad went upstairs to take a nap like my mom. So it was just Oscar and I awake. We had a tickle fight and then I went outside to sweep some more water off our driveway in the rain, in shorts and in flip flops! It is very satisfying!! Since I was soaking wet and kind of cold, I took a hot shower to get warm and after inched out under the ledge of our roof in my towel to turn off the hot water heater.
   I changed into my pajamas and waited until my parents woke up. Since my mom wasn't feeling well we decided to watch something from netflix. We decided on The Office! I love that show. So we relaxed the rest of the evening watching The Office and eating fried rice with vegetables!
Good Night!!
   

6 comments:

  1. that sounds like fun. I love the rain. sometimes (yesterday in fact) i just stand there and let the drops wash over me. it's very relaxing and I come inside feeling refreshed- kind of like I took 1/2 a shower.
    is chedraui like a grocery store? I am confused. when you first mentioned it I thought it was a car- like a Lamborghini or something. shows how much I know about Spanish.
    I love reading your posts- they crack me up!
    well good night
    Emery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rain!! Chedraui is like a mall on steroids, it has a ginormous grocery store and then other mall shops!! To be honest I don't even think Chedraui is even a spanish word!! I like reading your comments, they are hilarious!!!!

      Delete
  2. Boy, with all the rain you're getting, your mom and dad are going to love that quirk you have of enjoying to sweep water. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. today I had to spray off our patio and I sweeped off some of the water when I was done- you're right- it IS very satisfying!

    ReplyDelete