Thursday, July 19, 2012

        Today I kind of ate humble pie. Some Mexican boys are less ball hogs and some are nice. Today some new boys came and with them came idiocy. I was picked second to last despite my three goals on the first day. Okay moving on, the boy who picked me was a 14 year old ogre who thought he was something special. He didn't ask me what my name was, where I was from or what position I liked to play. He laughed when I couldn't get the ball, he made fun of the Mexican soccer version of my name (Yumina: no idea where that came from), said nothing when I scored 2 goals and had his hand up his shirt all the time. Now when I try to get the ball from someone else I try hard like other people. The person I tend to try to steal the ball from is weak (generally speaking). I tap him and he makes a big deal out of it as if I am very clumsy or uncoordinated. I felt like today no one took me seriously. I feel that only one boy noticed that I was feeling bad and kind of looked at me to see if I was okay. 
       Okay, done dwelling on the bad parts; I am going to move on. The little kids seem to be nice; one kid, when he hears the confusion in my voice about some drill, will explain it to me. I think that is sweet (even if I understood that part, it's the thought that counts). I walked around town with my dad, went out to eat and ate cookies from a tiendita (little store). 
       I hope that tomorrow is better and brings more happy memories than today!

          Good night!

7 comments:

  1. It is possible that he either is intimidated by you . . . or he is in love with you. Ha! Not to offend the lovely boys out there, but some of the male sex are not known (worldwide) for their ability to express themselves or be kind :). Kick some *ss, girlfriend. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was a lot to take in but yeah:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. he sounds like a total jerk! don't let him get to you though- he's probably just trying to screw you up because you're a better player than he is (which I would bet money is true)
    just try and ignore him and maybe he'll give up if he doesn't get a reaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Emery!! I have your good luck praying mantis on my desk on top of the box. I really really want to open it but I haven't yet!! I will try to talk to you on the phone sometime!

      Delete
    2. I know! I want to open mine really bad too! I eventually ended up just putting a cloth over it so I won't look at it. I bring my good luck cockatoo almost everywhere with me. it's been working really well so far. I would love it if you called :)

      Delete
    3. I just have to wrench my eyes away from it when I am really tempted! To bad i didn't unpack my good luck praying mantis till the day after the ogre came:( I think it is really cute! I will call sometime!

      Delete
  4. Two valuable phrases from this blog entry (phrases I want to remember and use!): "...and with them came idiocy." and "...done dwelling on the bad parts." :-)

    ReplyDelete