Tuesday, July 24, 2012

      Soccer camp was stressful today, it wasn't bad but the weight of the whole scrimmage rested on my shoulders!!! Ahhhh!! There is another girl here her name is Paula and she is eleven years old! Okay so we did some unusual drills to start off the day that seemed kind of basket ball like. One of them was where you pass the soccer ball under your legs holding it and then another was to pass it between your legs. We did a small scrimmage which was tied 0-0. We decided to have a shoot out. So of course I became last. My first shot was awful it didn't even leave the ground. Profe let me go again, I was kind of terrified to miss again in that wimpy way. I missed on my second shot but it was high just to far right. So the shoot out was still tied, and Profe decided that it would be a GREAT idea to have the two girls who were on different teams to shoot one last time to decide who won. So the pressure was immense since we had both missed before so I wasn't even sure if I could make it. BLEH I get nervous even thinking about it. So she kicked it and it didn't even leave the ground and our goalie caught it easily. Then it was my turn... I just started running towards it before I could really think about it. My foot connected with the ball and it went to the upper left part and it just barely brushed the goalie's fingertips and went in!!!!! I was very happy and I can only imagine how awful I would have felt if I had missed!!!!
     We went home and hung out around home for a while. My mom felt a whole lot better today then yesterday!!!! At around four my mom and I took Oscar to go rock climb in a small rock climbing gym. We walked around and looked at a yoga place. We walked home and I watched some Bill Cunningham videos which are really awesome. He is an older man who bikes around Manhatten and takes pictures of trends that people are wearing. He makes them into videos for the New York Times here is the link for his videos:
http://video.nytimes.com/video/playlist/style/on-the-street/1247463985977/index.html#100000001489085 If this doesn't link you can copy and paste. If you see one video you will understand why I think they are so great. As my mom says you can here that he gets a kick out of life!!
   I read some Pride and Prejudice. If you don't know who this book is written by and you are over the age of 11. You need to read some classics!!
   We ate dinner outside and are planning to play a card game.
     Good Night!!  

6 comments:

  1. I tried to read pride and prejudice once- but I was soo bored. I tried to read the original Sherlock Holmes once too- but I only read a couple paragraphs because it was extremely confusing and the print was very small. I'm not sure classics are for me. I've read Alice in wonderland and little women but other than that I haven't read many classics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets a little confusing sometimes!! I have volume 1 and 2 of the real full versons of Sherlock Homes! Those are one of the only books I brought! They are so thick that if I go on a trip and I can only bring 1 book that Is what I bring!! I tried to read the Hobbit but I just got very bored after the 26 or so dwarves came!

      Delete
  2. Wilhelmina, I fell behind in reading your blog for a few days and am amazed at how much you've written in the meantime! I'm so glad you are keeping up with this. You are a wonderful writer and your personality comes through perfectly. You're farther away than usual and yet I feel closer to you than usual. Keep it up!

    (Very glad to hear that your mom is feeling better, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like everyday something exciting happens!! Thank you!
      Unfortunately, my dad is now sick! :(

      Delete
  3. Alice's FAVORITE book is Pride & Prejudice for babies: http://janeaustengiftshop.co.uk/acatalog/little-miss-austen-lg.jpg

    It's the only book she'll read (even though she has dozens!). V and I can both recite it by heart now. :)

    ReplyDelete