Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Today I did a range of things.
   A little recap of the very eventful last night. When my dad came into my room to say good night I showed him my nearly-falling-off big toenail on my left foot. He replied by saying "oh it's going to go, you should pull it off." So I did. We put a pad on it wrapped in tape to protect it until my next toenail comes in.
      At about 7:15 I was woken by Cowjie jumping up onto my bed. He said hello by walking over my head to sniff the sleeping Goldie. I had a feeling that this was going to end badly so I pushed his face away from her and as I did Goldie woke up and hissed at him. Cowjie, unalarmed flopped over next to me and fell asleep. I was tired, so I fell asleep again, to be rudely woken up by my alarm clock to be at the climbing gym on time.
      After watching some Olympics and feeding Cowjie (the big baby) his medicine, we walked over to the rock climbing place and started stretching. I felt kind of stupid doing it where everyone could see me but oh well, I want to postpone turning into some seriously self conscious teenager for as long as possible. We started climbing by playing different games. The last thing we did before we left to go watch Mexico vs. Switzerland (or as they say Suisa pronounced SWEE-sa).
      For those of you who didn't watch the game, Mexico won 1-0 so they will be moving on from that group to the quarter finals. We watched some swimming and before we were going to do some exercise in the back yard, my dad enthusiastically called us upstairs to see a spider hunting a very daft fly. After a couple minutes trying to stay silent and urging the spider to eat the clueless fly, we gave up and went outside. We did planks, push ups, burpies (they aren't as gross as they sound), stretching and squats (which kind of make me think of toads).
        When my parents' Spanish teacher showed up, I moved inside to draw clothing for fun. You may be thinking that you don't remember me being a girly girl, however I do have fashion opinions even if I don't typically dress fashionably (except at some parties). For example I am currently wearing a German club shirt and bike shorts. I taped the drawings into my unused journal.
      After my parents's Spanish lesson (well they say it was a Spanish lesson but they were watching youtube!) we went to Sam's Club (or as they say Sam's kloob). We had to borrow our land lady's card since we are Costco members.When we arrived home, Oscar and I had to clean the litter box which prompted Oscar to say:"Cowjie has SOME nice qualities but this (referring to the poop we were scooping up) is not one of them!" My parents had a brief consultation with a Mexican friend and then we started watching the Olympics.
     We ate a really yummy dinner of green beans and steak. It was delicious and we got some good vegetables from the market in. We watched some of the Simpsons in Spanish!

This is the adorable baby Jesus in a little suit after going to church.
The woman on the right side of the picture is his aunt (his mother's sister).

Good Night!!
   

4 comments:

  1. Wilhelmina, you are a wonderful writer! (Alliterative and true.) I have a question about Sam's kloob. Did you guys buy some cheddar cheese? Your mom needs and deserves a grilled cheese sandwich. The Sam's kloob Mexico website says they have cheddar. Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We did buy cheddar cheese!! we love cheddar so much! I will make a grilled cheese sandwich soon!!!

      Delete
  2. DEFINITELY postpone turning into some seriously self-conscious teenager for as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete