Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Some parts of today were very disappointing.
       DAY 2 IN THE CLASSICAL MUSIC AND SLEEP EXPERIMENT\
     I started the music track while I read before I went to sleep. I couldn't get my brain to shut off so I fell asleep after the music stopped. I had good dreams last night which is a relief! I woke up feeling more rested than I had before even though Cowjie's yowling woke me up at 8:30 am. I fell asleep after!!
     I woke up, ate breakfast, took a shower and got dressed. We were going to try to get there on time, but there was a really exciting game of team hand ball, so we stayed for another half hour and arrived late. We got there and all the mats were set up which is really unusual because we usually stretch first. Turns out Mario (another trainer, not the Mario from soccer) was there instead of Alejandro the usual trainer. My dad stayed a while reading a magazine on the steps while Mario didn't come out to teach us anything for a while. That was really odd. He eventually came out and did a game or two with us and then kind of disappeared again. We kind of goofed off for a while and then my dad left us with the instructions to give each other routes to climb. We did that for a while and then got bored with nothing new to do. So again we judged each other on our jumps and stuff like somersaults. We left earlier than we meant to because I had looked at the wrong mode on my dad's watch that he left for us.
      We came home and hung out for a while as we ate lunch. Then we packed a couple snacks and got in the car to drive to Tuxtla, as we hadn't been able to change our visas to longer term ones.
        On the drive down we listened to:

  •  Foxy Shazam (I like this band a lot; the main singer has a voice that is almost like an instrument). 
  • Fun (in reality we only listened to one song of theirs which is really good and catchy even if the lyrics don't make a lot of sense). 
  • Weird Al (Oscar's favorite singer; he (Weird Al, not Oscar) takes songs and makes parodies out of them and this one happened to be a Star Wars themed song, imagine that). 
  • Last but not least, a little Beatles (no explanation needed! They are so awesome!).

       Once we arrived, we went into a huge building that people here are really proud of. We got there, talked to some people and were directed to another building. We found it and upon arriving were informed that they had closed at 1o'clock, a half hour before we had left the house. That was VERY disappointing. We will have to try again on Friday. We went on another shopping trip at a store eerily similar to Chedraui and ate at McDonalds for some food. I mostly ate a hot fudge sundae and then headed back to San Cristobal.
      I read for a while and then we ate a very healthy dinner to make up for all the sugar and grease that we had eaten at McDonalds. Now I have to hurry and finish this post because it is time to go to sleep!!!!
Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Wilhelmina,
    The music really helped on Monday night, but I didn't use it last night (I fell asleep too quickly!) and I hope it works tonight also.
    The Olympics have been interesting so far, and my mom usually starts crying every night for the winners, the losers, and the parents.
    Love, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that it helped you! I have been watching lots of different and interesting events! I think it's funny how your mom cries for everyone!
      Love, Wilhelmina

      Delete