Monday, August 6, 2012

Today Oscar and I made lots of interesting games and things.
       I got up and ate some more Mexican raisin bran. I had to do a speedy shower and get dressed rapidly to arrive at the gym at a respectable time (well sort of). We got there, stretched and started climbing. We climbed for a while, but at the end when the teachers didn't pay attention to us as much, we made up our own vault. Oscar was a little discouraged about not being able to get a really hard route so this was the perfect break. At the end of the wall they had a springy mattress as a climbing pad because actual pads are really expensive and too pricey for them to get another one. We would go to the concrete and take a running start, jump once on the bouncy mattress, do a somersault and then stand back up and do the typical gymnast end-pose. It was really fun and then we would take turns rating each other. I would normally get lower scores than him because I would normally crack up in the middle of my somersault and roll onto my back instead of standing up, though Oscar was very nice and gave me extra points for attitude and for trying! Apparently our mathematic skills are lacking since it is summer because we both struggled to add single digit numbers with decimals in our heads!!
   We left the climbing gym and upon arriving home, we made a list of all the things that we needed to do for the kids' room that I wrote about last month. We had to sweep and clean a bit and then we got to put in furniture. We had a big discussion about putting Jedi/Star Wars decorations all over the room. You can imagine that I was opposed to that idea. We plan to finish it tomorrow.
      We watched the Olympics and ate lunch inside and then after everyone else was doing things elsewhere I flipped between two channels. The Olympics and a really cheesy horror show with Melissa Gilbert (best known as Laura from Little House on the Prairie; she is not so little or cute anymore). I would switch back to the Olympics when it got scary. It wasn't really very scary just sometimes it was unclear what would happen next.
    My parents forced us to take a walk to go get some groceries. We weren't happy then but I am glad we went. We walked to the market for some fruits and vegetables and we were amazed by the prices. They were SO cheap. We got a bundle of chard for two pesos (thirteen pesos to a dollar)!!! We went to some other stores and then I was directed to lead everyone else back home. I purposefully took all the Andadors (streets were you are only allowed to walk) that were possible. As we were on my favorite Andador, I saw a boy that looked suspiciously like Mario, our friend from soccer. Turns out it was him! We all said hi and then realized that we live down the street from them. A couple weeks ago we had thought that a boy in a car  was Mario but we weren't sure. He had turned into a driveway down our street! Now we know that it really was him!!
     We walked home, quickly put our trash on the corner, for we had heard the trash reaper (as my mom calls him.) We went home and watched some more Olympics and as the newly set alarm for bed time went on, realized that we hadn't had dinner yet!! My dad is going to start the dinner now! Tonight I am going to conduct a sleep experiment. For the last few nights I have been having bad dreams so I am going to listen to Zen or classical music to see if I have better dreams because of that.
    By the way we watched and cheered for the USA women's soccer game against Canada. They both played SO hard and the last goal was amazing!
Good Night!!


8 comments:

  1. I also have a lot of nightmares, and last night, I couldn't get to sleep for a long time. I thought there were lots of scary noises. Then I went into my mom and dad's room and my mom said I could sleep on the floor there. When I woke up from a bad dream, I was looking under the bed. Scary! So I went to try to pet the cat, which I thought was sleeping on my mom's lap. But it turned out that it was her leg instead. She shrieked when I tried to pet her leg (she's always shrieking when I wake her up in the middle of the night!). Perhaps I'll try the classical music, too, and we can compare.
    Love, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry that you have bad dreams!! It really sucks cause you don't feel rested.We should definitely compare results after a few nights of trying it!
      Love, Wilhelmina

      Delete
  2. What a full day! You guys are really making the most of your time there. I hope your dreams are sweet from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music sounds like a good idea! I always fall asleep listening to my iPod- the effect is very relaxing. Eventually, the music turns into background noise, like a fan blowing or something, which I think helps more than being able to hear every single word of the lyrics.
    Another idea- sometimes when I've watched a scary movie before bed, i take a couple of minutes to read a book. sometimes I read stuff like diary of a wimpy kid (those are stupid books, i know) but its so easy to read and the content is so mild that I find it relaxing for a minute because you don't even need to think about what you're reading.
    just an idea. hope the music thing works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great you saw Mario! I've never believed in destiny, or your life's destination or whatever, but I do believe little coincidences like that are meant to happen.

    ReplyDelete