Thursday, August 2, 2012

      Today we had a couple misunderstandings.
       Last night there were no...err.. night surprises from the cats (thank god) so I slept well until my alarm went off.
      We ate breakfast and found out by watching the Olympic commercials that the women's gymnastics all-around was going to be on at 10:30 a.m. while we were at rock climbing!!!! That just wouldn't do, so we decided to leave at 11 o'clock from rock climbing and watch the last parts of the all-around. While we were at the rock climbing gym, we did some new routes and jumped off of stuff. Near the end of when we were going to leave, Alejandro, our normal trainer, left and put some other people in charge. The guy who he appointed wasn't as skilled as Alejandro and when I was having trouble with this one course he just kept telling me how I was supposed to do it instead of helping me figure out how we could make it easier. All-in-all he was okay. He was nice just not as experienced.
      We walked home and watched the all-around. Gabby Douglas from the USA won and it is really cool because she is African American! Two Russians got 2nd and 3rd and the USA Captain got 4th place. The USA Captain tied for 3rd with another girl but the way they break tie-breakers in Gymnastics is whoever got a higher score in execution instead of difficulty. We watched a little bike racing after and then turned off the TV to read a little. While we were reading our parents left to go get bread for lunch.
    When they returned we had sandwiches for lunch and soon after a while my parents had their Spanish lesson. I read some more and then Oscar and my dad left to go to a clinic so that my dad could give Oscar his allergy shot. We were supposed go to the climbing gym at four since our first session was so short but my dad forgot that he had to give Oscar his shot today. We were planning on going to the gym after but Oscar's shot took a really long time so we decided to bag it.

  We ate some left overs from some other nights and watched some different shows. One was Extreme Makeover Home Edition in Spanish and the other was a show in some sort of Indian language which had Spanish subtitles. That was kind of depressing.



Harmless from the outside right?!
Deadly on the inside!!
  Good Night!!!

3 comments:

  1. Willa, I admire your ability to roll with the punches. And thanks for the update on the Olympics. We haven't been watching it. Smally has had a setback and is bleeding internally so I have to make sure he can go outside and he needs to eat only rice and chicken for a few days. The vet doesn't think this is an emergency, though. A cousin of mine dropped by with her daughter and grandson and grand daughter in-law and all their bigoted racist views...they didn't stay long and will hopefully put a sign on our door to keep other bigoted racists away. Fortunately they were here helping the younger generation move out of Tucson so now they have no connection to the town. Smally and I will go swimming slowly later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he gets better!!!!!!!!!!! Oooh sorry about that racist cousin of yours!!! That always makes me uncomfortable and mad!! Good thing they won't be visiting anytime soon!!!

      Delete
  2. BTW, I didn't realize that was Cowjie in the drawer...

    ReplyDelete