Sunday, August 19, 2012

Monday was fun because we got to show our guests our favorite places.
     I instantly regretted asking Mathilda (my younger cousin who I was sharing a bed with) to wake me up when she woke up. However she woke me up very sweetly by gently patting my cheek. In about five minutes I decided to go back to sleep.
     I woke up when Oscar and Adelaide (who were sharing a bed on the floor) woke up hours later. (As they said, "We sleep like rocks.")  We ate pancakes and bacon which were delicious for breakfast. We got dressed and hurried out to show our guests around town. We took them to both andadors (if you have forgotten, those are streets where walking is the only mode of transportation allowed). We showed them the zocalo and a few beautiful cathedrals, and then we stopped to eat. We ate chicken, steak, chicken soup and many dips for chips while the kids drank juice and soda. (The parents chose the healthier option: water.) There was one funny moment when Mathilda ate a spicy dip that she had mistaken for one that Oscar had said wan't very spicy. ("You said it wasn't spicy!" she accused as she rubbed her tongue and drank juice.) We watched a woman hand make tortillas and she gave us each one while it was still warm. It was really good! She and the other waiters seemed to think that it was funny how much interest we took in watching her make tortillas. We especially liked it when they would puff up giving the illusion that they were flying! After lunch we went to the artisanal market and I learned some buying tips from my Auntie Sarah:
1. Never look TOO interested even if you are
2. If you buy a lot in one time ask for a discount
3. If you are unhappy with the price, be prepared to just walk away
4. Be incredibly nice
    Adelaide and Mathilda bought some friendship bracelets and my dad bought Adelaide and Mathilda a beaded key-chain each.
    We started to walk home and since Mathilda had walked such a long time on her own and her energy was getting drained so we bought some potato chips and it was my job to divide them evenly among the children.
   When we got home we played outside and had a dance party in my room while we waited for dinner to be ready. We made code names for ourselves and posted them on a paper on the inside of the door for whoever was inside. We ate spaghetti for dinner and then we played hide and seek and ghost in the graveyard. We went to sleep earlier than usual!
Good Night!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment