Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Today was a very relaxing but interesting day.
      DAY 1 IN THE CLASSICAL MUSIC AND SLEEP EXPERIMENT
       I had a hard time getting to sleep last night because I couldn't get my mind to fall asleep. It just kept thinking of things and I kept wondering if the experiment would work, which is just a bad idea to try to get to sleep. I had no dreams last night (good or bad) but I want to keep experimenting to see if I just didn't happen to have a nightmare last night. I listened to Zoe Keating cello music. Her music is really beautiful and calming.
      We got to the climbing gym on time today. Our trainer gave me routes that were challenging but didn't make me feel extremely discouraged. I think that is a good balance for these kind of things. We were joined by an adult at the end of our lesson and he was nice. We hardly talked at all, but he let us go first a lot of times.
         We left at 11:30 am to watch the Mexico vs Japan semi-final game. It had started at 11 o'clock but we figured that wouldn't give us enough time to climb; also the last part of the game is the most exciting in my opinion. When we arrived home the score was 1-1. Mexico scored another goal  and then in the last minute or so, Mexico scored again which sealed the coffin for Japan (as my dad says). In the end it was 3-1. The Mexican team was so excited, for as they say in the commercials "never have we been so close" (to the gold they mean).
      I drew flags for made up countries and later I read for a bit and then grudgingly went with Oscar to work on the Room of Requirement for a while. We put up some pictures and talked about the room before I left to go read some more. After a short time I turned on the TV and watched some sort of bridal show thing. My dad gave me instructions  on how to help finish the stew that he was making for dinner as he left for his adult soccer game. I finished it, watched a little more TV, and then took a break from that to finish Pride and Prejudice. I read for a long time which was really fun for me. My mom was in a meeting and my dad was out playing soccer so Oscar and I just hung out around home. He played computer and I read. I finished Pride and Prejudice which had a very satisfying ending.
    My dad came home and announced that he had made three goals in soccer!! He did one header that I think sounded really impressive. I hurried back inside from opening the doors for my dad as my mom took my duty of opening them because my favorite gymnast was doing her floor piece. Alexandra Reisman, the captain of the USA team, did a really cool performance to Hava Nagila. She ended up getting 3rd place!
    My parents served up dinner and we ate while my mom surfed through channels. We ended up watching America's Next Top Model, which is extremely stupid but entertaining because it was stupid. Lately I have been listening to a lot of zen and classical music. I really think it helps you concentrate while writing. I don't normally listen to this type of music but I have found interest in it lately.
     We were just discussing why the Dutch like orange even though orange is not on their flag. Does anyone know the answer to that question? I mean sure we could look it up but it is more interesting this way!
Good Night!

7 comments:

  1. About the Dutch and orange? I know now, but I had to look it up. Maybe someone knows already without Mr. Google...I'll let them tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because their summers are short and they like butternut squash? I had to put my plate of it down to write this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smally almost walked around a whole block. It's so hot here that it's hard for me to get him out before the heat is unbearable and make sure he's had enough time since I have him his morning pain medicine...but he's very happy to be smelling the ground and...other things dogs care about...again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I just published that comment...the scrambled word to prove I am not a robot was so confusing I just randomly typed half of it...

    ReplyDelete