Friday, August 31, 2012

Today I broke out of my shell and hid inside it.
           When I came into my classroom this morning, there was no space at the half-table that Lorena, Ana and Paola were occupying so kind of disappointed, I sat at my own table and worked on chemistry for two periods. Then we had breakfast and as we walked out of the classroom door, Paola invited me to come hang with them. We ate a very good pizza on bread instead of crust that Tilo brought. He also brought lemon tea that once was cooled down was delicious. Lorena gave me a hug again just to be random. After washing our dishes, we brushed our teeth and we went to math class. I worked on my own book as they did algebraic equations. Then was thing we most dreaded: PE!!! Well I dreaded the pain but at the same time last time I felt like it brought me closer to my class as we shared the pain. So, call me crazy but I was torn between dread and good anticipation.
          The teacher ended up not coming anyway so we just hung out for about twenty minutes until Karla had everyone but me march and practice for the flag ceremony that takes place every Monday.
          After snack we had Spanish and I kind of like being the sort of editor of the newspaper we are doing. I had Lorena and Emmanuel help me choose the font for the title for the newspaper and then I looked through actual newspapers to find articles that we copy and put in my newspaper. Everyone gave their stuff to me and I liked the sort of importance of it. I kind of forgot to be self-conscious about my actions and I made all the bizarre faces that I wanted when I talked about Mitt Romney and other issues. I was a little insulted when Ana gave her paper to me she said "please be careful with it, it took me a lot of time to do it," as if I wouldn't. Maybe I am overreacting though.
          At the end of the day, I kissed Paola good-bye and I actually kissed her instead of just ramming her with my cheekbone. After yesterday's attempt, I could still feel where I had hit her for a couple minutes after! I gave Lorena a kiss and a one-armed hug. The School Kiss Count stays the same if you don't count adults. I kissed Karla good-bye also.
          We went to Sedem as it rained to see if anyone was going to show up and then when no one did, we went to Sam's Kloob. Oscar and I soon found out upon walking in, that "The Hunger Games" was playing, so as my parents shopped, we watched!
         Then we went to drop my dad off at his adult soccer game. That was our intention anyway. Oscar and I ended up playing in his game which made me self-conscious and I felt like I was playing really badly. I probably wasn't but I am still disappointed in my soccer skills. My dad scored a birthday goal and my brother also scored one.
        We ate dinner and then had dessert which were both delicious. We each gave my dad one present and then saved the rest for later.
Good Night!

4 comments:

  1. That's cool that you guys are doing a newspaper. I was an editor of my high-school newspaper and I really enjoyed it. And don't worry, editors are *supposed* to make the reporters a little bit nervous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Wilhelmina,
    On Friday my mom and I went to "Kitty City." This is a new place at the Humane Society for cats. It has several areas. Some kitty condos, some kitty townhouses, and then several rooms with big kitty jungle gyms and televisions that are showing birds, fish, squirrels, and mice. We went from room to room petting cats and playing with cats. Some name were Mr. Pickles, Miss Kitty, Fluffy, Leo, and Unknown. Usually when I see the cats at the Humane Society I get sad, but this time, I wasn't sad because they seemed so happy. I hope to be able to volunteer there someday. You have to be 16 to do it yourself, but if you have an adult with you, you can be 8. We think we helped Fluffy get adopted because we spent a long time getting her to climb down from a tall perch. Then the next woman who came in picked her up and started talking to her.

    We have had a lot of thunder and lightning in Salt Lake City this weekend. It terrifies me!

    What is the name of your newspaper? It's cool that you are the editor.
    Love, Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty city sounds so cool!! It is so awesome that you helped fluffy get adopted!! I love their names! The name of my newspaper is called Diario DICET. It means Daily DICET.
      Thank you!
      Love, Wilhelmina

      Delete