Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I am going to apologize before I start; I am sorry that nothing exceptional happened today but anyway, here goes.
          They changed our schedule again at school, making it VERY confusing; breakfast time changes and class times are unclear. The morning was okay but the best part about it was that Azul came back! I like her a lot and she is a good friend. Breakfast was nothing special except the cappuccinos which were great!!
          Swimming was fun and our team won this time! Fruit was cantaloupe or bananas; thank god for cantaloupe. I gave Wicho (a nice kid in Oscar's class) a hug as he passed by in the hallway and tried to pull me to his class. I got my hand free only to have it pulled (which turned me around) by another kid named Kevin (who I have never said a word to). He tried even harder to get me to his class and I just said "dame un abrazo" (which he did) to get him to stop pulling me! I am popular with the little kids!
          English class was fun because we are reading The Hunger Games. After English, we were supposed to make corn tamales but they told us that the very efficient elementary students had finished them all. That was disappointing because I had looked forward to making them. As my classmates pointed out, we were the ones who harvested the corn and took it off the cob. To make it even worse, for one group, tamale time was replaced with math!!!! That was a very unpleasant shock!
         After school we went home to have Spanish classes with Gaby. She is very smiley and has a laugh that escalates in pitch as it goes on. She is very nice and I think she is a good teacher. Today we used flash cards to practice conjugation and opposites (just for fun). I worked on my homework and my family had a reading night (meaning we read during dinner). That is one of my favorite kinds of dinners.

7 comments:

  1. Wilhelmina, even with the confusing schedule and a teacher you dislike, your school sounds SO interesting. I wish Felix and Cosmo got the chance to do half the things you do. Things are pretty regimented here with not too much time outside and not nearly enough time for P.E. The big improvement for Felix is that this year he finally has a classroom with a window! Sometimes it's the little things...

    Felix's team lost a tough game in soccer today, 1-2, on an amazing, one-of-a-kind, lucky wonder goal from the other team. And Cosmo's was canceled due to rain. But we're glad to have a little time with little to do this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, It is pretty crazy! In the US I have never had a class with a window! Just atriums that let light in but that are to high up to see out of!

      My team was beat today also!!! I got a really hard ball to the eye today! I will explain more in my next post!

      Delete
  2. The food at your school sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are most of the time!! It is pretty awesome they will serve us coffee!

      Delete
  3. I hope you get to make tamales some other time and then tell me how to do it. I can tell you are quite the mocha and cappucino lover!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wilhelmina,
    I am sorry I havent written latley.School is going well but I missed a week of school because I had pneumonia. We got our dining room painted and our furnace replaced. I am enjoying all of my classes.
    Are you enjoing school?You are so lucky that you have swimming classes and can harvest your own food. I miss you a lot.
    -Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it!! I am so sorry you were sick!! Are you better now? What color did you paint your dining room!? I am enjoying (most of it), I love gardening and swimming here! I miss you a ton!!!
      Wilhelmina

      Delete