Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A figure from my past emerges. (Unfortunately.)
              Every morning at school, my dad walks me to the stairs, but whenever a friend is walking in at the same time, he will leave me to walk with them. This morning, Ana was getting out of her car at the same time I was and I waved hello to her. I said goodbye to my dad and walked to Ana who was waiting for me at the top of the hill. I fell in line with her and after a short awkward pause, she said "Hola." I said hola also and we kind of laughed because that was one crucial part we had left out of the  morning hello routine. I asked her how she was doing and she said fine. When she asked me how I was doing, I said fine but tired. "Why?" she asked. "I got to sleep late," I said and then as a side note, "Well, I am always tired." And with that (and a laugh) we climbed the stairs to our room.
            Double physics was as unwanted (by me) as ever but I survived. Every morning, Lucerito (the sweet cook) brings a pitcher of linaza (pretty much sweet oatmeal water) and some mugs. For whoever wants it, she will give them some. Nowadays, I drink some every day, not because it is exceptionally good but because having a warm drink in the morning provides me with a small comfort.
            Before breakfast, Lore, Toño and I participated in the little kids' PE; we were the taggers for tag and it was very fun! Breakfast was hotcakes with jam (which was better than I expected) and lemon tea. After washing our plates outside, Lore climbed a tree to get a ball that Toño had firmly wedged in there with a hard kick. We ran upstairs to get our toothbrush as the PE teacher (I shall call him triceratops because he has a hair-gel horn in front) told us to hurry up. I ran up to get it, only to find that someone had stolen it (well I think someone did). That is odd because who in the world would want a used toothbrush and some used toothpaste? I borrowed some of Lore's toothpaste and used my finger. During PE we did strength and flexibility exercises.
         As it turns out, Vanessa will still teach Biology (WHY!!!!) and Griselda still came for the class. Even though Griselda's class is only once every two weeks, that is still too often for me. If I could choose, her class would be never. During her class, Lore and I practically fell asleep; it was boring and I was exhausted.
        After school, I walked to Emma's house with Oscar to wait until my mom came. We played on the swing and petted the cats while we were there. My mom came and picked us up to take us to soccer practice. I asked her to let me sleep instead but there was no choice.
       We changed into our soccer clothes in the car and jumped out to start practicing with the massive amount of people who had shown up this time. We were doing some drills when I saw an ugly, familiar face: it was the idiot who was rude to me in summer camp. If I hadn't mentioned it before, he looks like a stupid ogre (pardon my french). Nothing happened, but I still dislike his guts.
        Profe separated us into groups based on age. I went with the team I normally play with and when he asked us to get into partners, Oscar and I were unsure if we were allowed to be partners with each other. As it turned out, Fernando (dos, the smiley one) asked if I wanted to be his partner! I was happy at being asked and I accepted his offer; working with him was fun! When Profe divided us into thirds, he put Tonatiuh (a nice kid from the games) with Fernando and I. When we played keep-away, I was the monkey in the middle first. I got it from Fernando quickly so he spent most of the time in the middle until at the end, he stole it from Tonatiuh. Before we started the scrimmage, Leonardo (who I now consider a jerk) said to me "Yurmina, let's dance" because there was music from a zumba class also going on. I don't know if I was overreacting but I just gave him a death glare as everyone laughed. I took it was not a compliment because I am the only girl. During our scrimmage, Profe put all the best and oldest kids against everyone else. I thought it was kind of unfair but since Tonatiuh is fearless and really good, he stole the ball from them quite a few times enabling us to score once. The end score was 1-2; not bad considering that the odds were stacked against us.
Good Night!
         

3 comments:

  1. That is very funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about the lemon tea because I love everything lemon. Do they make it with real lemons?
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon tea (here) is made with lemon grass and is not so acidy.

      Delete