Thursday, February 7, 2013

Yeah, I am really going to miss these guys.
                 Sometimes, I really dislike Lewis' model  (I think it is called) that shows the electrons on the last level of an atom. I mean, I am not saying that it not easy to comprehend and that he isn't (or is it wasn't, does anyone know if he died?) smart, but I really dislike (see I didn't use the word hate) drawing it for example, in "cloruro de sodio" y "yoduro de potasio."
                 Breakfast was okay, though the cappuccinos made it killer (Toto, I don't think we are in Utah anymore!). Lore and I tried to sneak off to hang out with the babies but Eloina caught us and made us cross-stitch. I tangled my string up twice and the second time has yet to be undone....
                 In Spanish class, Evodio came to work with us while Maya (in his place) went to Rosie's class. We painted the clay constitution book model that we worked on on Friday. I really enjoyed sitting on the hexagonal shaped tables and talking with Diego, Evodio and Toño. We sort of softly smack each other, fake-kick, laugh, smile and talk a lot together; as Evodio says "asi llevamos" (that's how we get along). I was fake-kicking Evodio and he grabbed my leg in the process; he normally does that and then makes the un-lucky person jump around the room!!! I bent my leg and pushed down as hard as I could. Evodio remarked to Diego and Toño that I had really strong legs and after Toño tried it for himself, he agreed. We decided who would be on whose team for an hour-long water polo game we plan to have tomorrow!!! (I CAN'T WAIT!!!!) It will be Lore, Diego, Evodio and I against Toño, Ana, Favio and Andres.
                  We played basketball during fruit time and after that we had math. In our PE time, the teacher didn't come, so, Lucy took the rest of the students who didn't have to do an oral Spanish exam (in which I got ten out of ten) to play basket ball. I missed the game so I was sort of jealous.
                 At practice, I forgot my ball so I had to share with Oscar. It was okay and the part that stands out the most to me is when Cesar, an older kid, talked a bit to me. He asked me what my name is (I only said a bit!) and later I asked him whose team I was on (there was some confusion there). I got the ball and he said "aqui amiga!" (here friend (a girl)) that is probably the nicest thing someone has called me.

No comments:

Post a Comment