Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Escolta, confusing translations and more.
                  I am going to start talking about Wednesday. For me, it was such a great day: swim class and  then we drove to Tuxtla to pick up Oscar's really good friend Joshua and his mom Kara from the airport! Oscar was super excited and kept saying, "I can't believe they are coming!!"
                  On Thursday, my class had a Valentine's party and Joshua came to school with Oscar. At 9 o'clock, my class went to the kitchen and made the pizzas. Then we ate a small breakfast to save room for eating seven pizzas!! (Keep in mind that we are only 14 kids!)
                  We waited to set up the movie and then finally watched the movie! It was a goofy fun Mexican movie called "Suave Patria." (I thought it was Soft Patriotism but when I looked it up on Google Translate it said Sweet Land so who knows!) We ate and watched pizza just before we went to PE. We did a Valentine's day card exchange (where we each pulled a name from papers and then we kept it a secret); Toño gave me a really cool card and I gave a card that folded up like a package and opened like a flower to Ana.
                  On Friday, I went to school for one hour from 10-11 to do a practice for the escolta. Generally, our escolta can only focus for as long as it takes to do the routine....or less! I waited with Lore for a while before my dad came to get me.
                    After, we went on a really fun, long and adventure-like hike in which we guessed where to go more than once!! We hiked next to a river, in a forest and alongside roads. We ended up in a little village called Rio Arcotete. We also went to an eco-park called Arcotete with a natural rock arch. We then walked to a little ancient church with these fabulously tight staircases on either side to go up to the look out. I went up and down the stairs just for fun because it gave me the feeling of being in a story or in Harry Potter!
                   We went home and my dad abandoned the idea of making dinner, so the adults went out to get pizza from El Punto while we went and bought candy at a little family run equivalent of 7/11! We came back and as Oscar and Josh played computer games, I watched Grey's Anatomy.
                   We set up a sort of blanket fort on the big balcony with lounge chairs, my foldout couch and lots of blankets. We put our "provisions" (candy) in a covered part!!
                   After talking for a long time, we played spoons (the game) on the table and one time, I laughed so hard I cried!

No comments:

Post a Comment