Monday, February 4, 2013

A day to relax, a day for sports.
                    On Saturday, my mom and I had planned a day of spa stuff. That was very relaxing! We did scrubs, steams, masks and I did a remedy on my hair that is supposed to make my hair grow faster!! It was pretty much avocado, olive oil and honey!! I was a little nervous that the honey wouldn't wash out but it did in the end! When the remedy was still in my hair, my hair looked wet with chunks of avocado in it!! It kept dripping, so, while I read my kindle while laying on towels, I kept it a safe distance away.
                   We went out to eat at a cute little Italian place with yummy pizza. I noticed that three of the four people there were extranjeros! It was surprisingly warm inside the restaurant even with the door open!

                 On Sunday, after some TV watching, I read for a while until my mom was ready to make soap with me. We first cut down some hard glycerin into little cubes. Then we microwaved it in a glass measuring cup for 10 second intervals (stirring in between). Then we added the additives (pun intended) like fragrance, spice (if wanted) and color. We did that for three different bars of soap: one had dried orange peels, the second had apple fragrance and green coloring and the third was candy apple red with cinnamon in it! We poured them into empty yogurt cups with cool looking bottoms.
                Soon after, my dad came back from a painful soccer game very bruised (the other team was very good and they kept stealing the ball with legal pushing). We made the final preparations for the food we were bringing to the Super Bowl party. The problem was that I didn't know which team I was going to root for, and I mean, why bother watching if you aren't rooting for anyone? To fix that, I wrote "49ers" on two pieces of paper and "Ravens" on the other two. Then I chose one from Oscar's hand and I got one that said "Ravens" on it. That is how I chose my team. We walked a couple blocks down to the Super Bowl party and proceeded to watch the Super Bowl. We ate nachos, made jokes about Beyonce (sorry Beyonce) and laughed at the power outage. (They used too much electricity on Beyonce!!). Everyone else was rooting for the 49ers except me and my mom!! Well, we showed them!! I tried to keep my cheering to a minimum so as not to brag.
         

Ta-dah!!! Homemade soap!
              On Monday, we had no school to celebrate the constitution day. I woke up unfortunately early (7:45) but was surprised to see how long the day seemed to be!) I started by setting a timer for how long I would let myself watch TV and then, once that was done, I face timed Oscar's class back in the U.S. (with Oscar of course). I proceeded to take a shower, then I did some house chores (sweeping the driveway and cleaning the bathroom). We made delicious coffee milkshakes and headed out the door to watch The Life of Pi at the Cinépolis. I really enjoyed the movie. The way the scenery looked was fantastical and awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Making soap sounds fun. Maybe a little side business for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be!! Our land lady has a chop and she is always offering to let us sell things there!!!

      Delete