Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Woo-hoo, "El Hombre de la Mascara de Hierro" (The Man with the Iron Mask).
             Lore was back and I sat down on her right (as always) and got ready for her fun craziness!! After breakfast, we all went Karla's class (Spanish) and Eloina showed us some overly dramaticized videos about what 2070 will be like (very restricted water because of water contamination), about how we should protect the world and the reason for all our waste. Then we had to write a reflection, solution and promises.
             After that, we started to watch "El Hombre de la Mascara de Hierro" (The Man with the Iron Mask) on the ceiling. Yes, you heard right, we watched it on the ceiling; because we all couldn't fit around the computer, we projected it onto the ceiling. We couldn't project it onto the wall because with all the light from the windows, we could not see it well on the white brick wall (there was grout, making it not all one level). The problem with projecting it on the ceiling was that it was at a very awkward angle (not straight on). So, we covered the windows in a hodgepodge of old poster board and tape!
           The movie was really great and it was fun to watch! We watched it from roughly 11:00 to 12:00 and 12:30 to 2:05! Just in time to go to PE. We did drills and then used a volleyball to play a game where you could do whatever with it (passing it around) as long as it didn't drop to the ground.
           Soccer practice was pretty normal besides the fact that my team (those born in 2000-2001) got a new member (not a girl, unfortunately) but he seems nice anyway. Profe put Lenny (a nice kid who is my age) with Oscar and I for a trio, and it was pretty fun!
          While we scrimmaged, I went for the ball to try and take it from Gabi, and my foot got stuck and essentially, he tripped me. I fell flat on my front and though I was unhurt and Gabi quickly apologized "perdon, perdon, perdon," all the boys started going, "Ohhhhh Gabi, you tripped a girl" (or in the case of my age, they call them women or mujeres). I jumped up and started playing!! They also let my team start with the ball because I am the only girl, even if that is not on my list of priorities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment