Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lynn feels better now!!!
              For breakfast today, we ate pancakes. Shen and Lynn came over and we left to go watch a parade in honor of the Virgen of Guadalupe. We walked to the place where the parade was supposed to pass and their were lots of people on the sidewalks waiting for the parade just like we planned to do. Shen bought some bottles of water and we sat down and watched the show. Aztec warriors danced throughout the street and behind them came floats and the disturbing "para chicos."
              After the parade passed us, we followed behind and asked when the ice skating rink would open. It was supposed to open today, but when we asked, they said it would open on Wednesday. We went to the cathedral and even though I was mostly full, we went to the French Bakery Oh La La and ate pastries and drank coffee. We went to some stores and then went home. Lynn took a nap in my bed before everyone except Oscar and I went to Chamula. Then we went to El Punto for dinner!

6 comments:

  1. Dearest W, I just caught up on your blog and got a first-reate report of the godmommies' visit and the protest/road block adventure and your rise as a soccer star. I was just listening to a radio program about the art of writing newspaper columns, which is sadly dying out with the rise of electronic media. HOwever, I think that your blog rises to the demanding requirement that a daily column should be "history in the present tense." You are really capturing a slice of space-time in a vibrant and observant manner, and giving those of us far away the pleasure of inhabiting that slice of space-time with you. Love you proudly,
    Tansie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I write this blog so that I don't forget my year here! It has been so interesting that I try to write a post about every day!

      Delete
  2. I agree absolutely with Gerda (hello Gerda!) and am so glad that you are keeping up with this. I just caught up myself. Very gripping, Willa! Much love, Jan-Ruth (ps I cut my hair even shorter!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan!!
      Send me a picture of how short you cut your hair if you can!!

      Delete
  3. It was such a beautiful wonderful day! I do hope that rink finally opened! Love, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We asked them yesterday and they said it is going to open next week!!!

      Delete