Sunday, December 9, 2012

When we have to say goodbye to Mariana.
            Thursday during school was normal except for the fact that it was Mariana's last day at school. She was going to return to Mexico City because her mom finished some course she was taking for anthropology.
            The day before, Mariana and her mother invited us to their house after school the next day. My parents offered to drive Oscar, Yair, Mariana and I to Mariana's house. So that is where we were after Mariana said many countless goodbyes as three boys in her class cried (those were the ones that had a crush on her because besides of how awesome she is, was the only girl in an all-boy class.)
            My parents dropped us off at her house and we ate a delicious lunch of macaroni and chicken. We walked to her neighbor's house to play in his backyard; it is bigger than our backyard in Salt Lake!! The guy who owns it has many animals and a mini-farm back there. We spent our time exploring, playing secret agents, carrying Mariana, and me protecting Yair from the over-hyper dog Pearl (Yair is scared of all dogs bigger than his chihuahua).
            We took some pictures on photo booth and then walked back to Mariana's house to bake a cake. In the end, the cake was delicious but we did something wrong so it was more like Budin (an Argentinian dessert). My parents came and the kids played a game similar to exquisite corpse as we laughed and listened to music.
            None of us wanted to say goodbye. Mariana and I hugged for something like ten minutes and she told me that I was one of her best friends. She almost cried then and I almost cried while we walked back to the car. I think of her as my little sister and I was very sad to see her go.

No comments:

Post a Comment