Sunday, December 9, 2012

On Saturday, we spent a little more time at home.
                   Too early, we had to get up to be ready for Oscar's nine o'clock soccer game. We picked only Shen up because Lynn was violently ill. Oscar played what I thought of as a great game! His team won!
                   I unhappily trudged over to the other side of the bleachers where my team was waiting. For the first half, I was placed in my normal position of right mid-fielder, the first half went very well for my team and for me. I had some good moves and all together, we made four goals or so with them not scoring at all on us.
                  In the second half, I was placed in the same position but this time Profe expected me to try and get goals more. He told me where to position myself and at one point I had an assist!!!!!! A guy came at me and I passed it ahead. I thought it was going to be worthless because it seemed like the other team would get it but, Juan Pablo hoofed it and got a goal!! I was astonished as that was the closest thing I have ever gotten to a goal!!
                  There was a hand ball or foul in the box and so we got a penalty. Profe told me to kick it and I told him I didn't want to but he didn't give me a choice!! My whole team told me that I could do it and other nice things!! I was really nervous but not as nervous as I thought I would be!!!! I took a deep breath and just ran for the ball; I almost got it in but the goalie blocked it. I was disappointed but all my teammates were really nice about it by smiling at me, saying it was okay and that it didn't matter. We ended up winning by seven points. I think the score was 7-0. I was pretty happy about how I played but the game would have been complete for me if I had gotten the penalty!
                  After the game Profe told me that if he told me I was going to take a penalty, I was going to take it and I couldn't say no. I then had a feeling that he was going to force me to take more shots like that in later games.......oh great. He also told me that I am getting much better!!!! YAY!!!!
                After the game, we shopped for a chair for Dr. Jesus (Jesus in doctor-baby form). We bought a wooden one and then went home. We hung out at home for a while and then we played hearts with Shen. It was very fun!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment