Monday, September 24, 2012

On Saturday, I played lots of different games.
          Because I wake up at 5:45 every school day, I am now unable to sleep in very well. Due to that, I woke up at 9:00 am this morning. I read the New York Times, which I consider my most vital connection to the United States and beyond. I ate some pancakes and then rushed off to my room to talk to Grace. It was really nice to skype with her!
         While I talked, Emma, Canek and Karen came to drop Canek off so that he could play with Oscar. Emma ended up coming with me and my mom to a coffee shop. I found a map for homework and then Emma and I played games against each other as we drank cappuchino mochas. Later we ate ice cream! We played Blink, Spit (or Speed) and then cribbage; it was really fun!
        We quickly walked home so that I could keep my appointment with Emery. We face timed for a while, which was very nice. Once I finished, I went out of the room I was in, and Emma, Canek and Karen (their mom/ my teacher) were still there so I played nerf guns with the boys before they had to leave. I won the first round!!
        After they left, I sat down at our keyboard and started to play some of my songs for the first time in months. Once I started to play, I realized how much I missed playing. I love being able to play the piano, as tedious as it is to practice every day. Even though I suck at composing songs, I love playing classical music by other composers. It is a way of expressing myself through other people's music.
      My dad went out and bought tamales for dinner. We ate tamales while we watched the Hunger Games! For dessert we ate frozen yogurt tubes that I loved! I practically fell into bed!

Lucerito, the cook who always calls me Mamita for no apparent reason
The church were the festival for la Virgen de Merced was held



8 comments:

  1. Dont you love hunger games!!!!!!!!!! I can not belive you wake up at 5:45 in the morning!! when does your school start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too!!!!! 5:45 is WAY to early in my opinion but it is necessary because school starts at 7:00!

      Delete
  2. Most days I also check on the New York Times, Mina-chan. Even though I am still in the U.S., I also consider it one of my main links to the nation and beyond. What sections interest you the most?

    Before you left SLC I was wondering how you might keep up with the piano part of your musical life. I'm glad to hear that you are reconnecting in the midst of your many new experiences. Love you, Papa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to read the Fashion and Style section, The opinion section, health, sports and the main page. Though I will read pretty much any section as long as its not business! What sections do you like to read? Love you!

      Delete
    2. I'll confess that I don't read much of the Fashion and Style sections, Mina-chan. The next four sections that you mentioned are the ones that I pay the most attention to, as well. In the opinion section I particularly enjoy Paul Krugman and Nicholas Kristof, for what it's worth. As for business, I don't read much unless I see an article about Apple or the iPhone. Lots of love from Montana!

      Delete
    3. haha!! I have a soccer game soon! wish me luck!

      Delete
  3. Every time I read the New York Times, I'm filled with envy because it's so much better than the Chicago Tribune...but I still read the Trib because I want to know what's happening locally. Once, long ago, I tried subscribing to both but I was quickly overwhelmed. I couldn't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much going on!! I agree with you that it would b hard to keep up!

      Delete