Saturday, September 29, 2012

Monday was mediocre but my school kiss count went up.
            The getting ready part of the morning was mostly typical except that I didn't realize the hot water heater was turned off. As a result of that, I had a freezing shower!! Brrrr...
            I got to school and neither Lore or Azul were there. :(  I sat at my own table and finished the problems the teacher assigned for homework very rapidly. I copied a table before the hour was up!
           Breakfast was molletes and I had three before breakfast was up. Molletes are bread with beans and cheese melted on top. Maya said that she would bring only sweet crepes or pancakes for breakfast tomorrow! I don't want to get my hopes up but on the other hand, I would love to have both of those things for breakfast tomorrow and it is always good to have something to look forward to!
           Karen (our teacher for English and Geography) didn't show up because of her migraines. Since we were supposed to have those two classes back to back, we didn't have a teacher for two and a half hours! Elo (Eloina, the principal), checked in on us two times trying to ensure that we were doing our "geography work" which we didn't have any of. For some of you that may sound fun but for me, not participating in the conversations, it was AWFUL!!!!! I felt like it was two and a half hours that were wasted! Now I don't want to start sounding like a certain counselor I once had who went on and on about not wasting your time, but I was utterly bored.
          We had snack time which was bananas (WHY?!!!!) again. Lucerito gave us mandarin oranges because she felt bad for us. I walked around with Pao and we talked to Edi for a while.
          I made a really funny looking collage of different body parts making one bizarre person in Art class. I really understood what was going on in Spanish class which was a relief! A small side note, normally when Toño walks past me, he does an abbreviated version of the Batman song and then does the blinking motion with his hands. He does it to make me smile but I don't remember exactly where that all started!
School Kiss Count: 4 (Maya, Favio, Toño and Ana.) Pao was unable to kiss me because she had to carry her little brother and Azul and Lore didn't show up. If all those people had kissed me my count would be 7!
        We dropped Pao off at her home and then we arrived at our house. I finished my homework and then started on my blog entry!

2 comments:

  1. You really are getting to be an adventuresome eater. Even though you prefer some foods to others, you are trying lots of new ones. That's so great.

    Significant progress on your kiss count as well! It sounds as if you are getting very comfortable with the custom. You may miss it when you go home. Maybe you can introduce it.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not being so picky is a lot better than being picky (in my humble opinion)! I think I may have to introduce that custom!

      Delete