Friday, September 21, 2012

I feel like now I am getting a lot more friends!
            I woke up and for a quick moment I was in despair thinking that it was Thursday. Then as I realized the true day I said in my head--as I groggily tried to comprehend it all--TGIF (thank god it's Friday).
           I walked into class and sat down with Lore as is now becoming the custom for physics or chemistry. We did some copying and I finished quickly enough that I got to go to breakfast earlier than usual.
           As Lucerito (the very nice cook) shooed us out so that she had time to finish making our breakfast, Toño, Tilo, Lore, Emma and I talked lightly (if that is possible) about destruction of countries and the world. First we talked about the Mayan calendar ending. Tilo believes that the world will end before Christmas this year but the rest of us quickly dismissed the possibility of that with different theories. Emma's was that there wasn't enough space on the rock to finish writing the rest of the calendar. Lore's was that they just didn't have time to finish it, and Toño's was that they wanted to scare future generations! Of course it was Toño who suggested that! Breakfast was eggs with potatoes in it; it doesn't sound good but really it was delicious.
         I feel like since I have been here I have been trying more new foods, though, if you think about it, I don't really have a choice during breakfast. I just eat what they have because that is the only thing I am able to eat there! I am starting to think that maybe trying new foods isn't so bad!
         During Civics and Ethics, Andrés asked me a lot of questions. We were sitting at the same table and he asked me things like: Do you have a Facebook? What kind of music do you like? What instruments do you like? Do you like sports? I thought it was nice of him to ask because he is normally a quiet person and also no one asks me those questions.
        Then... SWIM TIME!! I got changed as quickly as possible and got in the water. I did laps and races against Emma and Andrés. We did dives and on the first one I hit my toes, that hurt. We didn't have time to play water polo, unfortunately, so we had free time.
       Our fruit was mandarins with seeds so as I sat down on the hill with Maya, Favio, Pao, Lore, Emma and Tilo mostly in silence, and we spit the seeds out. Lore trapped some little runaway kids that had run out of the pen door and I was unable to help due to my sticky hands!
       Math was nothing very interesting so I will continue to Spanish. Karla brought her husband into class and I think he is very nice. After we finished the parts of a magazine, she read us the myth of Cupid. It has personal significance to her because the first words her then-new-aquaintance husband said to her were "Do you know the story of Cupid?" and that was when she fell in love with him. She said that from now on, if we finish our work quickly then she will read us a myth!
      After class ended I hung out with everyone and my kiss count got a LOT bigger.
School Kiss Count: 5! Paola, Ana, Toño, Maya and Lore!
      I feel like I am becoming better friends with Ana. We talk more; we share laughs; she smiles at me and today she gave me a kiss on the cheek as she left. I am liking hanging out with Toño now because he cracks me up! He likes to play around and has a hilarious laugh.
      After school we went back home so that Oscar and my parents could have their Spanish lessons with Gabby. I was forced to go out the the Casa del Pan and the store with my mom though it wasn't too bad.
         At seven my mom and dad went to go to yoga down the street.  We stayed home and as a snack we got chocolate croissants! Somehow I got onto AFV (Americas Funniest Home Videos) and....well...You know how addicting those are!
       Then, we watched another episode of Heroes!
    

6 comments:

  1. to you talk all in spanish to people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends if they speak English or not, if they speak English then sometimes I will speak to them in English. If they do not then I don't really have a choice!

      Delete
  2. That must be really difficult

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Occasionally it is challenging but normally it isn't too hard!

      Delete
  3. When I compare what you are writing now about all your new friends to how alone you felt on your first day of school, I think you have come a long long way. Kudos to you! You have reached out to be friendly to other students, and now you are enjoying the reward of friendship. What a variety of friends you have!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This experience could be totally miserable without friends so I am glad I have them!

      Delete