Monday, November 26, 2012

Such a cozy day, which is a sharp contrast to the freezing cold of the day before!.
            I woke up relatively early and got right to work on my day's plan of trying to finish many things.  After I was denied access to the TV from my mom (also an early bird....then again, the only other early bird), I took a shower. After that, I finished the last small part of my homework that I had left before I ate breakfast. I read before we got ready to go to Merposur to buy cowboy shirts.
           We took a taxi to Merposur which is pretty much a market where you can buy everything!! I had very little hope that we would actually find cowboy shirts (which by our definition are shirts that have western patterns on it and it HAS to have snaps; without snaps it is simply un-acceptable as a cowboy shirt). I found a really cute blue and green one and Oscar found a nice blue one.
            We then took a combi (colectivo)--which is a minibus that is extremely cheap and goes most places in town--and got off near the Santo Domingo Church so that we could visit their museum. The museum is new and looked very nice and it was very informative (if I had read the signs) and interesting.
            We left the museum and stopped at a bakery on the way home. We sat in the cozy warm loft and ate yummy pastries and sipped creamy hot chocolate as we chatted before going home so that I could skype with two friends before we went to bed. I had great times talking with them and I love skype/facetime!!

2 comments:

  1. Do you not have school on mondays or were you on a break. What are your school hours? And do you have a ton of homework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just had a break that day. We have school from 7 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon and we get some homework (not a whole lot!)

      Delete