Friday, November 23, 2012

I goofed around with people in my class a lot today.
               During Physics, we solved some problems using formulas. Lore and I played with the babies before breakfast; one of whom gets the same face Oscar does when he tries not to smile!
              We had some surprisingly good empanadas that Lucerito (the cook) had to drain (the oil from it) with her spatula! That probably would be considered "unhealthy" in the United States, though I would like to point out that the school system (in the U.S.) was fine with giving me and my classmates green and bouncy hotdogs......That is not even all...I don't want to make you all lose your appetites so if you would like to know those other stories about U.S. school lunches, you can comment or email me about it!
              We had History class before we had a practice for the biathlon. For the practice, we stretched and then ran four laps. For the actual race it will only be two but we are doing more for practice. Most people started too fast and by the second lap or so, the only ones left running were Evodio and me. Evodio could have beaten me if he hadn't started walking fifteen meters from the goal! So I beat him at that part though if it is only two laps and then swimming.... I better pick up the pace!
              I changed and then did the sixteen laps followed by ten laps around the pool and then got back in the pool to recuperate. Evodio and I splashed each other and just goofed around before we were forced to get out. I got out and handed my goggles to Mafer; I unzipped my wet suit (most people wear those while swimming in my school) and peeled it down to my waist. Don't worry I wear a normal suit underneath because it is easier to change out of at the end of class and once when I didn't where it, there was a little bit too much water circulation in parts where I don't want it!
              I changed into my normal clothes and ate some watermelon for snack. During art class, we talked about what we are going to do for our Christmas celebration. The teachers want us to do a big collage of talents meaning they want us to dance, sing etc. I don't want to do any of those things in public so when she asked what we wanted to do, I said well maybe I could do some flips on the bar or something. She sort of chuckled when I said that and then said well I guess you could.
            After school, we went home and had our Spanish lessons!
Good Night!!

4 comments:

  1. You do the COOLEST things in your school.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you mentioned that you were going to get together with some friends for Thanksgiving. How was it? I had a splendiferous thanksgiving and I left my grandmas feeling a little fat but happy. I helped all day with the cooking and it left me very tired.
    I think your school lunches are probably tons better than US lunches. Everything at highland park was ice cold, hard or slightly passed its due date. Hotdogs should not be green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun!!! Lore had never had many of the different kinds of food (turkey, mashed potatoes, pie etc) and she really liked it! The pie was my favorite part! I definately agree with you on the lunches thing!

      Delete