Monday, January 28, 2013

It is worth it to come to come visit our school even if it is just to see how homenaje is done!
                    I came to school pretty late, even though it was practically half past seven (we start at seven), the teacher that we always start the day with (Doc Moi, Lore's dad) still wasn't there. It was sort of weird that he hadn't showed up so when Eloina came in to watch the presentations by my classmates, I started planning how I was going to survive the day without Lore (she was sick on Friday and didn't come).
                  Diego presented first (about pollution and waste) and took a lot longer time than I had thought he would! Then when it was about time to finish Physics to go to the next class, Doc Moi and Lore walked in!! I was extremely happy she showed up and I stayed later than eight o' clock and then scurried off to my next class.
                  Homenaje was funnier than usual because of the "escolta" had some little preschoolers in it and then the ceremony master was about three feet tall, really cute, had a funny high-pitched voice and kept saying words wrong. His name is Juan Jose (his nickname is Juan Jo); he is like the class troublemaker!
                  Breakfast was yummy and after we washed our plates (we got a new sponge!!) we had to go to Spanish class. The problem was, Karla didn't come, so, we "read" in a room with no supervision as Rosie taught the other class. We actually tossed a ball (by ball I mean tights filled with sawdust and chia seeds and tied around into a ball shape that had a face drawn on it!!). It was fun, until you got sawdust in your eye!!
                  After we ate some snack, we talked on the sunny hill before mostly everyone got recruited to playing gang-up tag (where once they tag you, you help tag everyone else) by Evodio, Kevin and Toño. In the first round, Lore and I climbed up a giant tree so that we wouldn't have to run! We were it the next time before we went to art class.
                 We grabbed our art books and pencils and climbed to the forest to do "art". Actually, I sort of disregarded my art book as Diego and Tilo asked me questions about the U.S. Then they asked me if I had tried various Mexican foods; I hadn't eaten the ones they mentioned and so they said that for my birthday to try those foods. Because, they informed me, I couldn't leave Mexico without trying them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment