Monday, January 28, 2013

I am really starting to realize how much I am going to miss this place.
          Highlights from these past weeks!
Some moments this week were just really great and fun.

The first was on Tuesday when Favio, Lore and I just sat in the tree house and talked. I told them about how the social components in the U.S. are very different than here. It was really nice to just talk like that because I used to think he (Favio) was annoying and loud (at the beginning of the year) but now I think of him more as a friend. I thought that he seemed very mature in that first moment, though that thought was pretty much discarded the next day when he started chasing the girls around with dog poop on a stick. It was pretty gross even though he didn't actually touch anyone with the stick of doom. He is fourteen but still some boys of all ages have some things in common: an odd fascination with poop.......

The second was on Wednesday when after we had finished our game of water polo. Favio, Ana, Evodio and I tried to push each other into the pool. It started out with just Ana trying to push me into pool and then I tried to do likewise (to her that is). Then Evodio joined in and then there were no teams, we just tried to get each other dunked! Then Favio started in also and we just laughed, got dunked and laughed some more. It was a bunch of fun!

Primary made a rappel in the forest; they knotted a long yellow rope and then tied it to a tree. Eloina said that Secundary should also make one so we made a long rappel on a steep hill!!

We made one and after a lot of labor, it was ready to climb!

Our most recent adventure (not with Eloina's knowledge or supervision) was carrying a ladder to a section in the adobe wall where we climbed over. The next day when I finally decided to do it, they thought it would be funny to leave me and Toño on the other side with no way to get back. We got across because he hoisted me up and I jumped over.

During swimming time, we trained for a running competition in March with the teacher. We left the school grounds and ran and walked five kilometers. During the last bit of English class and practically the whole run, Evodio and Diego questioned me all about the U.S.! It was pretty fun. At the end, they bought a bunch of coke to drink to refresh ourselves. Training Mexican style! Diego and Evodio said that I should go to the movies with them sometime (it is not a date.....don't get the wrong idea!!). They said that if I wanted, I could invite Lorena (probably so that I wouldn't feel uncomfortable). They said that I won't remember them after this year (which is not true). I am going to miss all this so much though at the same time I will love to go back. The last day of school, I am going to try not to cry; I bet I will fail miserably!

No comments:

Post a Comment