Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blushing, secret rehearsals and good aim with balloons.
           I stumbled into class and walked around like a zombie after a long night with Doña Lesvia, Alejandro, Coki, Lorena, Daniela and Carlos watching the old footage and pictures from the fiesta de quince años. I think that was one of the times that I enjoyed most hanging out with them because we drank tea, laughed, had something to talk about (the movie and pictures) and everyone seemed more cheerful overall.
           After breakfast Mafer and I forced Lore to go upstairs to work on her magazine that she needed to do work on. Once Karla came upstairs we started our secret rehearsal for Mother's Day. I will explain more once it is over (my mom reads my blog posts so I don't want her to know what we are going to do).
          One thing that always surprises my classmates is the fact that I can't control that I blush. Whenever they tease me (pretty much all day today), my face gets super red which obviously does not help my situation. I really need to find out how to control that. That made me start throwing things at Toño and Evodio (the principal offenders). At one point I picked up a green un-inflated balloon and I let it fly at Evodio. I have surprisingly good aim and so I accidentally hit him in the side of the face with it. Karla saw me do it as we were rehearsing and I was really surprised she didn't get mad at me and said that he got what he deserved because she knew he was bugging me. I thought he was mad at me but once he walked back over (to bug me some more) he smiled and laughed it off.
        During snack, I made a deal with Evodio in which he said he would stop bugging me if I answered one question truthfully. I did and he sort of held up his end of the deal. (Sort of). After Math class, we made cards inviting our mothers to a Mother's Day event. In PE class we played a game that she (Adela the PE teacher) claimed was like flag football but the only thing that it really had in common was that we wore a flag on our hips. To get a goal you had to run into the goal with the soccer ball, it was sort of like keep-away leading up to that point because you would pass the ball between you and your teammates and if someone pulled your flag as you had the ball, it was a turnover.
      My dad let us stay home from soccer practice because it had rained a lot earlier. It made for a nice change of pace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment